May 4, 2012

It's true that I'm at war with myself

.



It's true that I'm at war with myself
and that nothing good can come from being
at war with oneself
but I think your work might benefit
from being at war with yourself
just a little bit more

And by you I mean all of you
at war with oneself and at war with
the world
and against war
completely, utterly and totally
against war
against it and in it

For war one requires an army
I am not an army
often I don't know what I am
where there is fascism one
must fight against it
there are so many things one must
fight against
some committing crimes of pure power
are evil while others are only misguided
and evil is also misguided
I change so little
how can I expect others to change more?

I know it is naïve and trite
to speak so generally
about such general things
but I'm not afraid of being naïve
and I'm not afraid of being wrong



.

No comments: